[show_ms_widget id=”35974712″ image_id=”41829299″ width=”2437″ height=”3600″]
Why am I jumping for joy?! For starters, I washed my hair today!!!! You may think that’s funny, but sometimes I find it hard to make time to brush my teeth!!! 🙈 I get easily overwhelmed, so I had to come up with a system. I have found 7 ways for me to keep my life balanced. I started out with 5, then added 2 more that are very important!!I have found that this works really well for me and has helped me stay sane, which makes me a better mommy and wife. It also allows me to be able to focus on my career and have a well rounded life. Plus, I’m just plain happier!
1. Get enough rest! I am a night owl, so I have to make myself go upstairs at 10:30 PM and start getting ready for bed. Then I read which makes me really sleepy.😴
2. Prep!! I like to do a lot of prep the night before. I lay out the clothes that I am going to wear, the clothes that Lennox is going to wear, I prepare what Lennox is going to eat the next day, and I also get the dogs food and vitamins ready. Plus, my husband gets up before I do, so I get his coffee ready and write him a love note! When I wake up, he has prepared my coffee for me and I get a love note as well. It’s a really nice way to start the day.💏 ☕️☕️
3. Exercise!!!🏋🏻♀️🚴🏻♀️🤸🏻♀️ This step is really important to me. I exercised until the day I gave birth, and I really think it helped to keep my mind clear and my body healthy! Now, I look forward to going on a run with Lennox and the jogging stroller.🏃🏻♀️ My workouts don’t look like they used to, but I make sure to fit them in! I think it helps me sleep better and definitely improves my mood. My dad got me a fitbit for Chrismukkah and it’s so fun to track my steps! I encourage looking into getting one.
4. Don’t forget to eat!😋 Sometimes I’ll look at the clock and it will be 3PM and all I will only have eaten toast with almond butter and had my cup of coffee. I’m getting better at actually making myself a healthy lunch and not pigging out at dinner.🍳🥗vs. 🍕🌮🍔🍟🙈 That’s what I’ve always done and it’s no fun to go to bed so full. It’s incredibly important to feed the kiddos healthy foods, but it’s just as important to feed yourself healthy foods too! Eat! Eat! Eat!
5. Take some time for yourself! My husband and I started sharing mornings on the weekend. He may wake up with the baby on Saturday and then I will take Sunday. That way I can sleep in on Saturday and go to a yoga class or a hike. Maybe I want to get lunch with the girls… Kacy can go hit golf balls on Sunday, watch football and all that other guy stuff! It’s really helps us both have some “me” time, and then family time is even more special.❤👪❤
7. Most importantly… Be good to yourself!!! Be kind to yourself. I can really beat myself up sometimes and it’s not good for anyone. Remember, we have to love ourselves in order to be fully present and loving to our fmilies. To our CHILDREN… So, BLESS YOUR HEART!💕💕💕💕💕